There are so many challenges out there for Christian college financial leaders. From accounting pronouncements, to tax law changes at the federal and state levels, to how to report/communicate with your board and management it can be mind-boggling. This fall, you have an opportunity to get great information on these areas – all in one place.
Troas Bible College (TBS) is a private college exempt under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3) and 170(b)(1)(A)(ii). They are required to file Form 990 annually.
TBS’s Controller calls us to say that they appreciate all of the information that we provide them throughout the year, but wonder if there is a conference or workshop where they can get updates and practical information on accounting, taxes, human resources, reporting to their board, etc.
“I mean, we all go to an annual conference in the Spring, but is there something that is focused on financial leaders? We’d love to learn about how to do our job better and more efficiently.”
“Yes,” we answer. “Check out the ABHE “Chief Financial Officers Leadership Development Conference” in Orlando on October 31 and November 1, 2019. Not only will you get great, timely training, but you will have an opportunity to network with CFOs and Controllers at schools like yours. And, registration, plus all lodging and meals are included in one low price.”
Find out more at:
From the webpage, “Chief Financial Officers Leadership Development Conference”:
Conference Overview: Strong institutions are served by astute financial leaders who both accurately manage the financial operations of the organization and provide keen foresight for the financial planning of institutional leaders. Drill one level down and you are quickly immersed into the complex details of effective budgeting and reporting, financial ratios and key performance indicators, governance compliance, auditing standards, HR policy, risk assessment/management, and the list continues. Embark on this journey of excellence in financial leadership and take your service to your institution and the cause of Christ to a new level.
- The Essential Roles and Responsibilities of the CFO
- Building & Managing the Institutional Budget
- Leading with Financial Key Performance Indicators & Dashboard Development
- Understanding Key Financial Ratios and Indices
- Serving the Executive Team – Vital, Timely Information & Decisions
- Understanding and Explaining the Institutional Financial Audit
- Navigating Complex HR Cultural Waters with Grace and Prudence
- Current Tax Regulations and Compliance Standards
- The “Chief Financial Officers Conference” will be held on October 31 and November 1 in Orlando, Florida.
- The conference package includes all sessions, three nights’ lodging, and seven meals for one price.
- Limited scholarships are available. Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with an explanation of your financial need.
- We hope to see you in Orlando this fall!
Specific questions? Email Dave Moja
The information provided herein presents general information and should not be relied on as accounting, tax, or legal advice when analyzing and resolving a specific tax issue. If you have specific questions regarding a particular fact situation, please consult with competent accounting, tax, and/or legal counsel about the facts and laws that apply.
© 2019 Moja & Company, LLC