Call for Public Comments
The ABHE Commission on Accreditation reviews one or more Standards for Accreditation and related policies annually. This process involves an initial call for public comment on the standards, consideration of comments received in proposing changes, a subsequent call for public comment on proposed changes, consideration of comments in revisions, and submission of proposed changes to the ABHE Delegate Assembly for discussion and vote.
The Commission on Accreditation is proposing changes to two accreditation standards and four Commission policies at this time. The Commission invites comments from member institutions, students, constituents, the accreditation community, and the general public on the following:
- Standard 4 (Authority/Governance)
- Standard 5 (Administration)
- Policy and Procedures for Institutional Accreditation
- Policy on Governance (new)
- Policy on State/Government Authorization (new)
- Glossary Additions
Comments will be reviewed by the Commission on Accreditation prior to consideration of changes for adoption by the ABHE Delegate Assembly on February 23, 2018.
The Commission is also seeking initial comments on the following Standards:
- Standard 1 (Mission, Goals, and Objectives)
- Standard 2 (Student Learning, Institutional Effectiveness, and Planning)
Please use the form below to submit comments. The Commission reviews all comments received during the comment period prior to the adoption of any changes. Please respond by January 1, 2018. Thank you for your feedback!