ABHE seeks actively to strengthen and enlarge its membership by forging an alliance that encompasses any carefully vetted North American postsecondary institution—accredited by ABHE’s Commission on Accreditation or any other USDE/CHEA-recognized accreditor—that shares our association’s purpose, biblical convictions, educational philosophy, and core values.
Advancing biblical higher education for Kingdom impact. ABHE is unapologetically driven to serve Christ and the Church through the fulfillment of the Great Commission. Member institutions engage students in transformational, experiential, and missional education that is grounded in the truth of God’s Word. The end goal of biblical higher education is to go and make disciples.
Flourishing Institutions. Missional Graduates. Over the next 5 years (2022-2027), ABHE envisions a future where more and more of its member institutions are flourishing. A flourishing institution is ultimately characterized as fulfilling its mission and that of Christ through its graduates. ABHE serves its members by shepherding, cultivating, and championing biblical higher education resulting in flourishing institutions.
We are committed to education that:
- Is legitimately postsecondary and academically rigorous
- Challenges students to develop critical thinking skills that leads them in the formation of a biblically grounded Christian worldview.
- Seeks to foster growth and flourishing that emphasizes Bible engagement and spiritual development in community to help students answer God’s call to live life on mission with Him
- Spiritual Engagement – We will fulfill our mission as a spiritual enterprise, led and empowered by the Holy Spirit, united in Christ, faithful in biblical truth and prayer.
- Uncompromising Integrity – We will be honest and transparent in all personal and organizational relationships through word, attitude and action.
- Stakeholder Value – We will persistently deliver added value for stakeholders through services, resources, communications, and partnerships.
- Professional Excellence – We will pursue and promote the highest quality in our educational standards, organizational processes, services, events, communications and relationships.
- Innovation Bias – We will consistently honor initiative and foster creativity.
- Team Synergy – We will partner with colleagues in high mutual respect, reflexive cooperation, personal industry, and collective effectiveness.
TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP
Initial: 5 years | Renewal: 10 years
Association Dues: Effective 9/1/2019 – Based on an institution’s unduplicated annualized headcount @ $12.50 per student; minimum – $3,000 and maximum – $10,000. (Invoiced in September).
CRITERIA — Documented institutional affirmation of:
- Accredited by ABHE’s Commission on Accreditation or any other USDE/CHEA-recognized accreditor
- Tenets of Faith
- Position Statement on Religious Freedom & Human Sexuality
- ABHE Purpose/Brand Identity (Constitution, Article II)
- ABHE member endorsement
- Membership Committee affirmation
ABHE Extends . . .
- Enriched networking with leaders of like-minded Christian postsecondary institutions
- Amplification of your voice with others on behalf of biblically orthodox, Christ-centered higher education
- Solidarity and identification with biblically grounded institutions for cultural impact
- Strategic leadership development and synergy to enhance institutional flourishing
- Voting membership in ABHE’s Presidential Congress
- Eligibility for service on ABHE Board of Directors
- Subscriptions to:
- Presidential briefings
- C-suite communications
- Blogs on strategic issues by higher education leaders
- Access to all events & resources at member prices
- Annual Meeting
- Leadership development events & certification programs
- ABHE Job Board (job postings, employment search)
- ABHE Knowledge Center (searchable, downloadable info)
- ABHE Standardized/Normed Bible Exams
You help . . .
- Enrich and strengthen the capacity of our biblical higher education community for Kingdom impact
- Amplify the visibility, voice and influence of our movement for accomplishing the Great Commission
- Enhance and elevate our brand promise equity for organizational and institutional mission fulfillment
- Bring greater glory and renown to God through the combined ministry of biblical higher education