Certified Advancement Professional (CAP)
… like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither — whatever they do prospers — Psalm 1:30
CAP Certification Program
Institutions of biblical higher education that flourish are all served by an effective stewardship ministry that faithfully secures adequate resources to fulfill their mission. To strengthen all of our institutions, ABHE is committed to sharpen the competency and expand the capacity of the key institutional officers and staff who carry the stewardship ministry responsibilities for their respective institutions. To accomplish this goal, we are pleased to offer a dynamic program of leadership development for advancement professionals—the Certified Advancement Professional (CAP) program.
This high-caliber program is organized around six core areas of knowledge and competency with an extensive curriculum that covers the full scope of professional development and stewardship ministry needed for a highly effective and biblically based advancement professional. The total program includes approximately 60 hours of instruction and is designed to be completed over three to five years. Certification is renewable every five years based on the completion of a minimum number of continuing education credits and recognized with 5-year recertification seals.Download the CAP Program Flyer Complete the Registration Form
- Sharpened professional advancement competency and expanded stewardship ministry capacity
- Deepened understanding of the biblical foundations of stewardship ministry
- Strengthened professional credibility in the field of advancement and philanthropy
- Peer recognition of your professional training and expertise
- Expanded network of affinity ministry contacts
- Enrollment in the CAP program
- Three successful years of documented advancement experience in the Christian stewardship resource development arena based upon supervisory affirmation
- 100 qualifying points earned from attending CAP or related training events
- A total of at least 15 points earned in each of the six core areas of CAP study
6 Required Areas of CAP Study
- Biblical Foundations for Stewardship
- Annual Fund Design & Strategy
- Major Donor Development Strategy
- Communications & Marketing
- Donor Relations
- Capital Campaigns & Capital Gifts Fundraising
- 15 Points are earned for each of the six, 10-hour core workshops. Two options are offered as preconference training venues prior to each ABHE Annual Meeting; 15 points may be earned each year.
- 2 Points are earned for each of the one-hour specialty workshops offered during the ABHE Annual Meeting. Three workshops for a total of six points may be earned at each Annual Meeting. Twelve workshop options are offered each year.
- 20 Points are earned for each two-day stand-alone ABHE leadership development conference with a focus on advancement or stewardship ministry.
- 20 Points maximum are offered for non-ABHE sponsored courses that are relevant to the field of advancement or stewardship ministry.
- 10 Points will be credited for the successful completion of an accredited higher education degree in related disciplines such as: Bible, Theology, Ministry, Education, Business, Administration, Management, and Marketing; confirmed by official transcript.
- Complete the CAP Registration Form and return it with your registration fee of $150.
- The registration form and fee may also be processed online or in person at ABHE training events. This will cover all administrative costs for the program including the official record of your CAP credits and preparation of your gold-seal CAP certificate.
- For information contact David Medders, ABHE Executive Vice President, 407.456.4503.